There is no greater barrier to romantic happiness than the fear that I am undeserving of love and my destiny is to be hurt. If I enjoy fundamental sense of efficacy and worth, I experience myself as lovable, then I have a foundation for appreciating and loving others. If I lack respect for the enjoyment of who I am, I have extraordinarily little to give.
Is this you?
When I am emotionally imbalanced, I am dependant on the approval or disapproval of others. This affects how I feel and show up in my relationships.
Some signs that you have low self-esteem in your relationship.
1. Being needy or clingy -constantly seeking approval. Feeling unworthy of love and scared you will lose it at any moment.
2. Co dependence -Depending too much on others, loose your individual identity. You tend to overdo kindness and helpfulness because you feel insecure in your relation. You are constantly apologetic.
3. Arrogance-is often more about a person thinks they lack than what they think they have. It is a mask for low self-esteem, keeps people from getting to close or meeting the real person inside.
4. Distance-remaining distant keeps you from getting hurt by not letting people in. When you do not let people in, they cannot see the real you and reject you for it.
5. Dishonesty -can also be a way making someone with low self-esteem feel better by padding their ego with dishonesty.
6. Lying -constantly lying can mean you or your partner is desperate for your approval and willing to manufacture stories to please you.
7. Being oversensitive- Is easily emotionally triggered and unable to express your views.
8. Not setting boundaries -you are not saying a clearly yes or no and not treated the way you want to be treated.
9. Obsessing about your appearance -worry that your partner will not accept you unless you are the peak of your beauty.
10. Starting to many fights -might start unnecessary fights, find problems, when there are no problems, project your issues into your partners.
11. Plastering your love on social media -To validate your relationship need to show the world that all is good, and you look like the perfect couple.
Who do you choose to be?
Do you want to make the shift to be the best version of yourself so that you can have healthy fulfilled relationships?